Fit Foods: My Favorite Snacks at the Moment

May 30, 2015


I have a weakness for snacking. When 3:00 rolls around, my internal clock sounds its alarm and alerts me that once again, my stomach needs some nutrients! I tend to reach for whatever is most convenient at the time, whether that be a muffin sitting on the counter or leftovers from dinner the night before. I realized that snacking can be counter productive if you aren't really listening to your body's needs (i.e. providing snacks that are nutritious as well as delicious). I've decided to round up some of my favorite go-to snacks that provide wonderful benefits without sacrificing flavor! Cause let's be honest-who really wants to eat kale...?

First up is the sweet & salty kettle corn from Boom Chicka Pop. (side note-how cute is that name?!) I absolutely love this stuff! It is crunchy, a little salty, a little sweet and totally feels like a treat! Best of all, it's only 70 calories per serving, has 0g trans fat, no cholesterol and is whole grain!

When I'm craving something a little heartier, I love a bowl of cottage cheese. I know, I know-not the most glamorous of snacks, but it's so good! I either eat mine with a generous dash of fresh pepper or with a few sliced peaches on top. Totally amazing and super filling! Cottage cheese is a great source of calcium and protein and makes for the perfect afternoon pick me up!

If my salt cravings kick in and my temptations are luring me towards the potato chips, I know exactly what snack I need to gnaw on. Pistachios are one of my all time favorite foods and are a life saver when those afternoon salt cravings kick in. These bad boys are super crunchy, salty and have so much flavor! I could eat an entire bag, but no worries-I find a way to resist! Again, a good source of protein and a serving of healthy fats makes this snack a total winner!

Last but certainly not least is my favorite fruit to snack on. I find that I don't really crave fruit as a snack because I'm not usually in the mood for anything too sweet or juicy. Bananas are a perfect snack fruit for me because they are easy to take on the go, aren't too overwhelmingly sweet and can pair up nicely with a tablespoon of peanut butter! With bananas, I get my daily dose of potassium and don't have to worry about over-eating in the sugar department!

What are your favorite snacks to munch on? I would love to try some out! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Pinterest