A Few New Additions

May 28, 2015


Upon a moment of weakness (and a killer cash-back sale at Sephora), I treated myself to a few new makeup goodies that I thought I would share with you all! There is something so exciting about receiving new products to try, especially when they come all packaged up and dropped so generously on your doorstep! On my wish list were a few old loves and a few new bits and bobs I've been meaning to get my hands on. 


First up: Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation. For years, this product has been a cult favorite, garnering rave reviews about its amazing coverage and lightweight feel. I wasn't over the moon with the foundation I had been previously using, so I decided to give this one a go. Oh my gosh. Guys, the hype is 100% worth it. My skin has never looked better, yet more natural. My makeup looks amazing from the moment of application until I go to take it all off at night. Seriously, if you are in need of a new foundation, give this guy a go! (In case you're interested-I bought mine in shade "Ecru", I am NW20 in MAC and I have a light skin tone with neutral-yellow undertones).

My second newbie is the Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder. For the most part, I have pretty normal combo skin, but in the hot and humid summer, my t-zone oils up like a machine! I didn't want a heavy product that would add color or coverage, I just wanted something to keep my oil from seeping through my makeup. This item has been just the ticket! It keeps my oil at bay while still allowing my natural glow to peak through. I am in no way shiny, but I don't look cakey. Color me impressed! Plus, how cute is that little powder puff?!



My last two buys were just repurchases of some well loved products of the past. The Too Faced Perfect Lips pencil in "perfect nude" is the only lip liner I use! Seriously, this stuff is great! Doesn't dry out my lips and gives me a great deal of definition without looking like a nineties go-go dancer. As for the mascara, I am a tried and true user of the L'Oreal Telescopic and I will always have it in my rotation, but the Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Lash has been a wonderful addition to the mix. It keeps my lashes super fluttery and with its slightly drier formula, makes for a perfect bottom lash mascara! 



Any new beauty buys you've been trying out? Let me know what I need to pick up next!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Pinterest