Beauty Buys on My Wishlist

May 17, 2015


I am by no means a makeup or beauty expert, but I do love dabbling in the latest and greatest to find products that serve my everyday routine well. I've rounded up a list of items that have caught my eye and the attention of many bloggers on the inter web. If you have tried any of these products (or similar ones), I would love to hear your opinions down below!

First on my "to-try" list is the Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Palette. I am a big fan of the Too Faced shadows; I find them to be more pigmented, more bendable and have less fallout than any of my urban decay palettes and my MAC eyeshadows. This palette struck me with its beautiful purple undertones, ones that I think would play up my blue eyes nicely! 

Next up is a cult favorite, the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector. This powder highlight has been raved about for years, and yet the $38 price tag has been the only thing keeping me from snagging it. I realize that nowadays, $38 isn't even THAT steep for nice makeup, but for a highlighter, I'm just not sure. 

As far as tools are concerned, I unfortunately haven't been too pleased with how my sigma brushes have held up. I find they shed a ton and tend to lose their soft quality after a few washes. I'm super intrigued by the Real Techniques bold metals collection. Not only do they feel amazing in store, but their design is drool-worthy!

As a 60's girl-wannabe, I love myself a good liquid liner for winging out my eyes. As we approach the hot, humid summer months, I feel like it's necessary to upgrade my current liquid eyeliner to one that is waterproof (aka sweat proof). I've heard fantastic things about the Stila liquid eyeliner, but am hesitant about how quickly it might dry out. Any opinions?

Finally, an under eye setting miracle; the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening powder is another cult classic that seems to get nothing but love! I am all for a product to help brighten up my under eyes. I find that having a paler skin tone makes it a little more difficult to achieve that bright, awake look. Maybe this powder is the answer to my prayers!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Pinterest