Taking a Break and Getting Back to the Blog

June 14, 2016


It's been quite some time since I've posted on my blog. I would apologize for my absence, however, I don't necessarily think that time away is always a bad thing. The past six months have been absolute chaos for me. I finished up my junior year of college-a year that was far busier than I ever imagined. I lost my grandmother (and best friend). I've been working nonstop. And on top of all of that, I've been trying to move forward, finding out who I am and where I want to be going in life.

I never wanted this blog to be a chore. I've always been a pretty type-A, by the books person, but with a raging need for creativity and productivity. That's what started this blog to begin with. I ached for a personal outlet where I could spill my thoughts and feelings on topics that were both frivolous and provoking. Is anyone reading this? Maybe not. But as selfish as it sounds, this blog is more for me than for anyone.

I now feel ready to jump back into the blogging world and let my thoughts spill over as they once did. I hope going forward, this blog will seem more genuine. More in tune with my personal feelings and stances and less about keeping up with blogging trends and the latest social media crazes. If you are looking for a professional (and nowadays standard) fashion & lifestyle blog to follow, maybe this one isn't for you. However, if you can connect to a 20-something girl from the midwest, who is finding her way and finding herself, I welcome you on the journey with me.

Thank you for your patience and for allowing me to ebb and flow on this journey. Here's to (hopefully) many posts to come.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Pinterest