Monthly Mentions: May 2015

June 02, 2015


It's official-June is here and once again, the previous month has flown by. I wanted to put together a little "series" on my blog that would highlight a few of my favorite items of the month. You could categorize this kind of post as your typical monthly favorites, but I'm hoping you will see it a little differently. Instead of highlighting a group of products from the month before, I just wanna chat about anything and everything that made an impression on me during the time. I'd love your feedback, so feel free to let me know what you think in the comments!

Favorite Fashion- This past month, I have been living in my seychelles boots. (You've probably seen them already if you check out my instagram*) Although May is stereotypically a warm intro to summer, this May has brought nothing but rain and wind in my neck of the woods. These boots never fail me because they give me a little boost, look amazing with a pair of skinnies and are super comfortable! I love the combo of the neutral suede with the burgundy-tan leather on top. Seriously, these babies rock! (BONUS: they are now on sale, so you all can score a much better deal than I did)

Favorite Beauty- I'm not a huge lipstick wearer, as I find it can be too high maintenance for my everyday, simple routine. However, when I do decide to up my lip game, I much prefer a nude/mauve that is effortless to wear. Insert Velvet Teddy by MAC. This shade is amazing! If you've been looking for a grunge but gorge 90's nude (see Kylie Jenner lip trend if you aren't a 90's kid), this shade is for you! Not over done, but doesn't wash you out; this shade is a perfect mix between statement and simple. Don't be alarmed by the matte finish, either, this lipstick isn't drying and won't leave you searching for the vaseline. 

Favorite Read- I'm ashamed to say that I wasn't much of a reader in May, we can blame that one on college finals. However, in my free time, I did stumble across a Buzzfeed article that left me in fits of laughter! Check THIS quick read out if you want a nice little comedic break in your day! 

Favorite Skincare- I've been in the market to find the perfect moisturizer: something that is hydrating and nourishing to my skin without leaving it greasy. I can't say for sure if I've found my holy grail product, but the Boots No. 7 Day Cream for normal/dry skin is pretty amazing! It leaves my skin feeling supple and soft and has the most amazing scent to it! Definitely worth a try!

Favorite Blog- I have quite a few bloggers who I follow pretty religiously, however this month, A Girl, Obsessed took the cake! Mandy is super genuine and truly cares about her blog content and followers. She's an easy going midwesterner (yay!!) who writes about everything and anything from beauty to improving blog content. Go check her out and let her know I say hi!

Favorite Extra- I know, I'm so lame. A water tumbler?! But hear me out-I've really been trying to increase my water intake, and I find having a water tumbler is the best way to do so! Mine is a 20 oz bottle and I try to drink at least three of them a day! I've noticed such a difference in the way my body feels and how my skin looks. Water truly is a miracle. Unfortunately, my straw has a little crack in it, so I'm currently in the market for a cute new tumbler. I'm thinking THIS one might be the ticket!

Let me know what you loved this May! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Pinterest