What 2017 Taught Me

January 01, 2018



2017 was an unexpected ride of ups, downs and lots of self-discovery. Overall, my 2017 was pretty great! I made an abundance of new memories with family and friends, I fell into an internship that evolved into a demanding first-time job, which ultimately has paved the way for my future grad school plans, and I have learned more about myself than I ever imagined I could. Here are some of the highlights that 2017 taught me...


  • Never put all of your eggs in one basket; just when you think you have an exact plan of how life is going to play out, you will be surprised by the twists and turns it takes.
  • Change, albeit scary, can be a magical thing and should be embraced every step of the way.
  • Don't think too far in the future, but be cognizant of where you are and where you want to be.
  • Experiences are more valuable than material items. Buy the concert ticket instead of another handbag.
  • Don't underestimate the value of supportive friends and family. Those you surround yourself with have more impact on your life than you realize. Be choosy about who you allocate your time to.
Here's to wrapping up an eventful 2017 and looking ahead to an exciting and unexpected 2018!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Pinterest