A Mini Sephora Haul

January 18, 2016


It may not be much, but I thought I would share the few items I picked up from Sephora recently, as well as my initial thoughts. Being the inherent saver that I am, I do my best to stay out of that dangerous place unless there is something I truly need. Otherwise, my wallet would probably be out of a job, as I would have no money left to hold onto. Here's what came home with me last week:

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer ($34)



I've been an AVID fan of this concealer for years and years. I first started using this product when I was a junior in high school, and I haven't turned back since. It's amazing how creamy this concealer is without sliding around. I've used concealers in the past that are thick, heavy and end up migrating around my face (I'm looking at you, benefit erase paste), yet this product is smooth and workable while being able to hold up to my daily oil production. The combination of the yellow and salmon tones allows for amazing color correction, as well as versatility. This is one of very few concealer products I would trust for blemishes AND under eyes. All in all, this was a repurchase I was more than happy to make. If you've been looking for a new concealer to try, give this one a go!

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Soft Brown ($18)

Let me tell you, even the thought of using a product other than Anastasia's Brow Wiz on my eyebrows is enough to put me through an anxious spiral. With that being said, I feel as if every time I experience serious brow envy, I find out that the brows I'm lusting over have been sculpted using the dip brow pomade. So, I put my big girl pants on and decided to venture into the world of the dip brow. I was scared. I was inexperienced. But I forged ahead. Now, to be fair, I tried the pomade about a year and a half ago when it initially came out. I was immediately disappointed because at the time, the pomade came in a very limited shade range and I was left with a color that was either too ashy or too red. Fast forward to modern day, I figured since the shade selection had been expanded, I was destined to give this bad boy another shot. 

As far as first impressions go, I'm sad to say that this product was a major let down. I found the consistency to be almost too creamy, making application pretty difficult. Not to mention that as I was working with the product, my eyebrows looked far more unnatural than when I use my brow wiz. I know some swear by this product, and for them it may be a HG item, however for me, I'm sticking with my one true love and not messing with my brow products ever again. (...or so i say...)

Anastasia Beverly Hills #12 Brow Brush ($18)


Finally, to go along with the (failed) pomade, I picked up the Anastasia #12 brush, which is "the essential tool for precision application of brow products", or so says the Sephora website. The brush was so-so in my opinion. I found the synthetic bristles to be a complimentary choice for the cream pomade, however as far as performance goes, I think a denser, natural fiber brush works better on the brows. Additionally, I much prefer to spooly on the Brow Wiz, which is longer and thinner, versus the spooly on the brush. Just my personal preferences there. 

I know this was a long one, so thanks for staying 'til the end. I'd love to hear if you've tried out the pomade and what your thoughts are! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Pinterest