go nuts for this peanut butter & chocolate cupcake recipe

June 10, 2015

A few days ago, I tried my hand at a cupcake recipe that has officially changed my life! (Ok, ok, maybe that's dramatic but guys, this cupcake is sooo good!) I was in the mood for something chocolatey and decadent without being sickly sweet. I decided to make a rich chocolate cupcake with peanut butter frosting, and let me tell you-it was freaking delicious! I had to share the recipe because this guy was too good to keep to myself!


The Recipe

Cake:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 3/4 cups sugar
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract

To Do: Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl, add in milk, water, eggs, oil and vanilla and mix until batter is liquid consistency and fully combined. Bake cupcakes at 350°F for 30 mins or until done. Let cool before frosting them.

Frosting:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
3 tbsp. milk
2 cups powdered sugar

To Do: Mix ingredients together until butter is softened and items are completely combined. Frost cupcakes immediately so butter does not set and harden. Place cupcakes in the fridge if you desire firm frosting. Garnish with chocolate chips on top.
•   •   •   •
There you have it! Definitely an easy and delicious recipe to try out if you are a chocolate and peanut butter lover like I am! If you give these babies a go, comment and let me know how they turned out for you! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Pinterest