Finals Week De-Stressing: Cupcakes for the Cure

December 09, 2015



As a college junior, you would think I finals week wouldn't really phase me anymore. I mean, this definitely isn't my first rodeo, and the stress of preparing for multiple exams is almost second nature. However, no matter how many finals I've conquered, I still find my anxiety sky-rocketing come the end of the semester. So, I've compiled a list of ways I try to combat my nerves and deal with the end-of-semester stress.

  • Light some candles to induce a relaxing aroma while you study. THIS scent is affordable and will make you feel like you're studying in a spa!
  • Treat yourself to a break by baking some delicious sweets! I took advantage of this idea by baking some cupcakes (pictured above) over the weekend!
  • Get out and exercise. You don't have to go hard at the gym, but even just a walk around the block will get your blood pumping and will remind you that an entire world exists outside the walls of your classroom.
  • For every hour of studying, allow yourself a 30 minute netflix/tv break. My recommendations for some lighthearted fun? The Office, The Mindy Project, Fixer Upper, and for my 90's kids out there: Hey Arnold!
  • Put on a relaxing playlist that won't distract your studies! I prefer classical music and smooth jazz!
  • Finally, give THIS video a watch. It will really put your finals week into perspective.


What are your tips and tricks for handling the stress of finals? I'd love to hear your suggestions! Best of luck to all of you who are currently combating the finals-week blues!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Pinterest